Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday Five: What I'm Looking Forward To

As I'm getting closer and closer to having this baby (even when it still feels like I'm going to be pregnant forever), these are the things I find myself dreaming about.

5. Crunches, planks, and pushups. I don't mean it in a vain way, but I really can't wait to work on my abs, and actually feel them working. I feel like I haven't used them in forever--they don't help me sit up at all anymore.

4. Pumping some iron. Strength training has long been something I've struggled with, doing only the minimum, and only when I feel like it. No more! Back in February, I posted about a maximal strength training article on iRunFar which inspired me to give it a shot. I plan to follow through on that and join my husband in our garage twice a week for some heavy (for me) lifting.

3. Training for a race. Nearly a year of not having a race on the horizon will end up benefitting my training. I'm going to be so excited to have a plan and a goal, and so grateful, that for once, motivation shouldn't be a problem!

2. Running long. Long runs are the part of training I miss most (speed work is a close second, and I never thought I'd say that). Really long runs might require more planning ahead now that I'll have a baby in the mix, but that will make me appreciate them even more.

1. Meeting our daughter. More than anything related to running, fitness, or getting my body back (though those things will be wonderful!), I simply can't wait to meet our little girl. What will she look like? Whose personality will she have? When I think about these things, I realize just how much of a miracle motherhood is, and how blessed I am to be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment