Monday, February 17, 2014

The El Paso Crud

I've officially come down with my annual bout of the El Paso Winter Crud. And it just got warm here. Short of acquiring a bubble in which to dwell during the winter months, I don't know what I can do to avoid this. I wash my hands, I take vitamins, I drink lots of water. I've even been eating kale.

I don't even know if this is a cold or allergies. I would say nothing with pollen should be blooming right now for me to be allergic to, but this is El Paso and I really have no clue. Dust. The answer here is always dust.

I thought having a cold (or something) while pregnant would be the Worst. Thing. Ever. That was me gearing up to feel sorry for myself and complain. But it's honestly not any worse than being sick while not pregnant. If anything, I'm sleeping better with this cold while pregnant than I would non-pregnant, because I'm extra tired. Or also because I'm already used to waking up three or more times a night to go to the bathroom.

I'm living on lemon tea and Ricola Lemon Mint Herb Throat Drops. (Ricola has no idea who I am and doesn't pay me to say that on the internet, I just like these things. They work).
These.
Another bright spot: I don't feel terrible while running, so I've at least managed to keep up a daily run. It helps that it has gotten super warm, and is apparently supposed to stay that way for at least the next week. By which time I hope to have recovered. Until then, I'll be running as much as I can and keeping the Swiss throat drop makers in business.

No comments:

Post a Comment