Saturday, February 9, 2013

Another Race Entirely

Last week, I wrote about my indecision over upcoming races and listed several possibilities. It turns out there is an even better option I had completely overlooked, and which I'm grateful to my dad for bringing to my attention: the San Antonio Roadrunnners Prickly Pear 50k.

It's March 9th at McAllister Park in San Antonio. I am super-excited about several things:
1. The course should be relatively flat.
2. It's a good deal closer to sea-level than where I currently live. (USGS lists San Antonio's highest elevation at 1,000 feet while El Paso's is 4,080 feet).
3. Aid stations--there appear to be an abundance. 4 per loop x 3 loops= 12 aid stations?!?!
4. My family. Living five hundred miles away from them means we don't see each other all the time, and I can't wait to visit them!

I'm going to do something I haven't yet done for a long race: set a goal time. I'm hoping to finish the Prickly Pear in under 5 hours and 10 minutes, which is 10 minutes per mile pace. I think that's reasonable...and I can't wait to try!


No comments:

Post a Comment